Secure TV CAS
UltraCAS 4K has been designed by world-class experts to be Ultra-Secure, calable, cost-effective, and Ultra-reliable. UltraCAS provides Pay TV operators with an easy to deploy, Hollywood Approved Conditional Access System (CAS) with integrated Digital Rights Management (DRM) that secure 4K/8K Ultra-High Definition on multiple screens across multiple networks. Multiple screen support includes Set Top Boxes, mobile phones, tablets, game consoles and PCs/laptops. Multiple network support includes one-way and two-way cable terrestrial and satellite delivery, IPTV, Over-the-Top OTT, and across any IP network. UltraCAS supports the latest 4K/8K technology as well as H.265, H.264, and other popular technology. A system block diagram is shown below.
Multi Screen DRM
TV Everywhere requires secure content delivery to mobile phones, tablets, and Set Top Boxes connected over the Internet. UltraCAS supports multiple DRMs for delivery to a wide variety of mobile phones,tablets, smart TVs, game devices, Set Top Boxes, PCs and tablets connecting over broadband networks or the Internet.
UltraCAS secures the TV Everywhere promise
UltraCAS DRM highlights:
● Encrypted HLS and MPEG DASH iOS and Android support
● H.265 HEVC, H.264, MPEG4/MPEG2 formats
● 4K/8K Ultra High Definition, High/Standard Definition
● Live and Video On Demand delivery
● Flexible payment/billing models
Cost of Ownership
SecureTV designed UltraCAS 4K to be ultra-secure, reliable, with low deployment costs and a low total cost of ownership for small, medium, and very large pay-TV services. Active software and system monitoring detects issues before they cause outages reducing support costs. UltraCAS runs on the right size hardware for the job, running on low-cost Intel i3/i5 based systems for small networks, and i7/Xeon multi-core CPUs for large systems.
UltraCAS cost benefits:
● Servers sized for small, medium, and large deployments use the right sized hardware for the job
● Unified CAS and DRM reduces TV Anywhere costs
● Efficient and high performance software reduces hardware costs
● Active system monitors reduce support costs
● Innovative system architecture reduces disk I/O that allows lower cost hardware to be deployed
● Software CAS with innovative security methods elimenate smartcard costs and expensive card swaps
Pay TV security is an arms-race where hackers deploy sophisticated hacking tools to steal valuable pay-TV services. UltraCAS includes unique patent-pending technology that automatically upgrades or renews the CAS and DRM security thereby upgrading the system security before a security breach can occur.
● Automatic software renewal updates software with new security methods the hackers have not previously seen
● Easy to deploy updates keeps your system security one step ahead of the hackers
● Built-in and automatic renewability eliminates expensive smartcard swaps and associated cumbersome logistics
UltraCAS has been designed from the ground up to provide better than 99.999% (5-nine) reliability. Dynamic System Monitoring in UltraCAS uses software running on redundant hardware to monitor in real-time the scheduled processing tasks, and should the primary system skip as little as one-beat, the failover server seamlessly and automatically takes over elimenating outages. In addition, the system as a whole has been designed to automatically recover from hardware failures in a cooperative manner with the database and system processing recovering from hardware failures and outages automatically without technician interaction.
UltraCAS is UltraReliable:
● Active workflow monitoring dynamically detects task failures
● Active process monitoring monitors processes across servers
● Failover health checking verifies the integrity of the redundant hardware
● Automatic role switching allows primary servers to assume primary role when failed hardware is replaced with failover servers switching frombackup roles.
● Active database monitoring detects database failures before they cause system outages
● Distributed database integrity checking verifies data synchronization across multiple distributed systems and databases.
● 1:1 and 1:N redundancy
● Efficient system design virtually eliminates database as choke pointimproving system performance and reliability.
Contact us for our one hundred million gigabyte reliability report that details the stress test results for UltraCAS running in a 350 channel configuration.